Straighten your teeth and fall in love with your smile, but don’t waste time on noticeable metal brackets and wires. If you’re an adult looking to discretely achieve correction for your orthodontic concerns or a busy teen who can’t fit frequent orthodontist appointments into their busy schedules, you need to consider the Invisalign orthodontics system. At Legacy Dental Group in Canton, our skilled dentists and caring team will make the entire Invisalign treatment process comfortable and free from pain and stress. Contact our team to schedule an Invisalign consultation today.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Traditional orthodontics use brackets and wires to move teeth into their ideal alignment. Wires attached to the brackets are adjusted to place pressure on teeth. Over time, the top parts of teeth move and the pressure transfers to the roots moving them into position. Instead of wires that are tightened to place pressure on brackets, Invisalign uses a series of clear aligners. Each set of alignment trays represents the position of the smile one step closer to the ideal location. When worn for about two weeks, the aligners shift teeth into this new position. Then, patients exchange their current set of alignment trays for the next set in the series. The alignment trays should be worn for at least 20 hours each day, but they can be removed during meals and while cleaning teeth. This process continues for between eight and eighteen months depending on the complexity of the patient’s alignment issues.
What Orthodontic Issues Does Invisalign Correct?
Improvements in the materials and treatment planning methods available to Invisalign orthodontic providers mean this clear braces system can be used to correct almost any alignment concerns. Some of the orthodontic cases we recommend Invisalign for include:
- Smiles with uneven spacing between teeth
- Over, under, or crossbite
- Crooked tooth eruption
What are the Benefits of Invisalign?
Like any dental appointment, Invisalign isn’t right for everyone. One of our skilled dentists will be happy to review your orthodontic treatment options to ensure you pick the best solution for your unique oral health needs. If you decided on Invisalign, some of the benefits you’ll experience include the following:
- Saved time – you’ll need fewer, shorter dental office visits throughout the Invisalign process compared with traditional braces, and the overall treatment time is just about a year.
- More comfortable – compared with bracket and wire braces, many Invisalign patients report experiencing significantly less discomfort, even when switching to a brand new set of alignment trays.
- Removable – because Invisalign trays are removable, you don’t need to change your diet or oral hygiene routines. That means you’ll be able to eat the foods you love, and you don’t need to invest in any special oral hygiene products like flossers.
- Attractive – the smile is straightened with completely clear aligners, so your teeth shift gently into their ideal position and no one sees anything but your flawless smile.