Do you feel embarrassed when you smile because of the gaps between your teeth or crooked, overlapping teeth? Straightening your smile with an orthodontic treatment like Invisalign in Canton can be one of the best things you can do for yourself. Learn more about how your dentist can help you reap the benefits of a straighter, gorgeous smile in this week’s blog post.
How Can You Benefit from Straight Teeth in 5 Ways?
You know that you want to improve certain flaws in your smile, but do you really know how much you can benefit from better-aligned teeth? Your confidence isn’t the only reason to consider orthodontic treatments. Here are a few other reasons:
- Give Yourself a Boost of Self-Esteem—Many people hide their smile because they don’t want to show their misaligned teeth. Instead of hiding your laugh or smiling without teeth in pictures, you can feel great about showing off your newly aligned teeth with invisible orthodontic treatments.
- Healthy Gums—Large spaces in the teeth or overcrowding causes difficulty when it comes to cleaning your teeth and gums. As a result, gum disease can develop, causing painful side effects like inflammation and looser teeth—even leading to tooth loss. Remember, healthy gums are the start of a healthy smile.
- Prevent Tooth Injuries—Misaligned teeth are more prone to injury than other, straighter teeth. When a dental emergency takes place, they can take the brunt force of it because they stick out against the rest of your smile. Properly aligned teeth have more protection by aligning from their smile.
- Reduce Abnormal Wearing of the Teeth—Your dentist may have noticed that there’s abnormal wear and tear on crooked teeth. Over time, this causes damage to your protective layer of teeth, your tooth enamel. With the proper alignment of the teeth and bite, you’ll have functioning teeth and keep your enamel stronger for longer.
- Improve Oral Hygiene—As mentioned earlier, it can be more difficult to clean your teeth with they overlap or if you have extreme gaps. Your dentist will be able to share better cleaning techniques with you when you have straighter teeth. You can prevent all types of dental concerns with a straightener smile!
You might think that you’ll just feel better about yourself with a straighter smile, but as you can see, the perfect teeth and gums can help you feel better in more than one way. Get the orthodontic treatment you need—whether it’s Invisalign or braces in Canton—by visiting your local dentist!
Meet Your Dentist
Here at our Canton dental practice, Legacy Dental Group, each of our dentists are committed to providing local patients compassionate, personalized dental care. This goes for straightening treatments, too! The best way to discover whether Invisalign or traditional braces are best for you is to schedule a consultation with one of our four dental experts. Contact us today!